Chapter 6: The Geometry of Rain

Chapter 6: The Geometry of Rain



The oxygen thins at twelve thousand feet, but I’ve always suspected that reality thins right along with it.

I had left the others behind at the ridge. The banter of the trekking group, usually a comfort, had become a distraction. I needed the silence of the Himalayas to think, to breathe, to escape the mundane geometry of city life. But as I crested the final hill, gasping against the cold bite of the wind, I realized I wasn’t alone.

A hut stood there, defying the physics of the gale. Inside, a Fakir sat cross-legged before a fire that didn't seem to consume its wood. He looked up as I entered, his eyes holding the milky depth of a nebula. He didn't ask who I was; he simply gestured to the warmth.

"Hunger," the Fakir said, his voice sounding like dry leaves skittering on stone. "It anchors you to the body. We must feed the anchor."

He stood, his robes flowing like liquid smoke. "Come. The village lies below. We survive on alms, you and I today."

I should have questioned him. We were miles from the nearest settlement marked on my GPS. But the fire had seeped into my bones, making me pliable, curious. I followed him down a path that hadn't been there a moment ago. The pine trees here grew too straight, their needles vibrating with a color that was slightly more vivid than green—a high-definition rendering of a forest.

The Village of Echoes

The village emerged from the mist not as a cluster of ruins, but as a pristine pocket of tranquility. The silence here was heavy, not empty—it hummed with potential energy. The villagers moved with a fluid, aquatic grace, their demeanors unburdened by the frantic ticking of time that plagued the rest of the world.

We sat at a tea stall constructed of wood that smelled of ancient resin. The Fakir ordered, and I let my eyes wander.

My breath hitched.

Sitting three tables away was a man with the distinctive slope of shoulders I had not seen in ten years. Beside him, an older man with a silver mustache laughed at a joke I couldn't hear.

"Dad?" I whispered. "Grandpa?"

They didn't look ghostly. They looked updated. They were deep in conversation, not about the past, but about the physics of transition. I caught snippets of their dialogue—phrases like "dimensional migration" and "the acceleration of Earth’s frequency." They spoke of humanity not as a species, but as a vessel under renovation.

Before I could stand, a small girl, no older than six, skipped toward me. I knew her. I knew the fever that had taken her, the small coffin that had broken my aunt’s heart. She giggled, dodging a pebble I instinctively tossed in a playful reflex, and pressed a small rag doll into my hand. Her fingers were warm. Solid.

"It’s time," the Fakir murmured, his hand clamping onto my shoulder with surprising strength.

"But I have to talk to them—"

"You have seen. That is enough. Payment is required."

I fumbled for my wallet, desperate to anchor this hallucination with a physical transaction. I handed the stall owner a crisp banknote. He nodded, handing me a few heavy, cold coins in change.

The Cycle of the Seed

The climb back up was grueling. A heavy mist descended, thick and white, blotting out the world below. It felt less like weather and more like a barrier—a firewall resetting the simulation.

"You are confused," the Fakir said, not looking back. "You see ghosts. I see travelers."

"Who were they?" I demanded, the mist clinging to my eyelashes. "That was the Pitru Loka, wasn't it? The realm of ancestors?"

"Names are just labels for geography you don't understand," the Fakir replied. He stopped, turning to face me. The mist swirled around him, forming complex, rotating fractals. "You look at the stars to find aliens, my friend. You look at the sky and wait for metal ships."

He laughed, a sound that echoed like cracking ice.

"The advanced civilizations... they do not crash metal into dirt. They are subtle. They are efficient."

He pointed to the swirling vapor. "It begins here. The soul—the consciousness from the stars—condenses. From the high ether, it binds to the coarse air. It becomes mist. Mist becomes cloud. Cloud becomes rain."

He leaned in close, his eyes manic. "And where does the rain fall? On the crops. The corn, the wheat, the barley. Why do you think your scientists find Crop Circles?"

I stared at him, the cold knotting in my stomach. "Patterns?"

"Not patterns. Circuit boards," he hissed. "Landing strips. The geometry of the crop circles alters the cellular structure of the plants, preparing them to host the consciousness carried in the rain. The alien code is written into the grain."

He mimed eating, breaking the process down with terrifying logic:

  1. Condensation: The traveler binds to water vapor.

  2. Modification: The geometric crop circle alters the plant's reception.

  3. Consumption: The human eats the grain; the code enters the blood.

  4. Integration: It rewrites biology and travels to the womb.

"Thus, the star-traveler is born as a human baby. No invasion. Just... integration."


The Glitch

We stumbled back into his hut. The fire was roaring now, filling the small space with a smoke that smelled of ozone and sulfur. The mist rushed through the cracks in the walls, screaming as it passed.

"Hey! Over here!"

I spun around. My friends were cresting the ridge, waving, their brightly colored parkas cutting through the gloom. I looked back to the Fakir, but the hut was empty. The fire was cold ash, settled as if it hadn't burned for years.

"Where did you go?" my friend Mike asked, breathless. "We lost you for two hours."

"The village," I stammered, pointing down the path. "We went down to the tea stall."

Mike looked at the guide, a local Sherpa. The Sherpa shook his head grimly. "No village down there, sir. Just a sheer drop and dense forest. No one lives on this side of the mountain."

"But the Fakir... he said..."

The Sherpa smiled sadly. "The Fakir is a legend. They say he is a 'creator.' He weaves illusions for those who seek answers, a return gift for the climb."

Artifacts

That night, in the safety of my tent, I couldn't sleep. The Fakir’s theory played on a loop in my mind. Rain to crop. Crop to womb. An invasion so subtle we welcomed it at the dinner table.

I sat up and unzipped my pocket. I pulled out the change the tea stall owner had given me, and the rag doll the little girl had pressed into my hand.

I turned on my headlamp.

The doll was made of a fabric that shimmered, changing color from violet to charcoal when I tilted it. It felt like synthetic skin.

And the coins...


They weren't rupees. They were heavy, hexagonal discs made of a metal that felt warm to the touch. Etched into the surface of each coin wasn't a national emblem, but a geometric pattern.

I recognized the design immediately.

It was the exact same fractal pattern found in the Hampshire crop circles of 2002.

I gripped the alien currency tight. The village might have been a hologram, an echo of the ancestors, or a glitch in the matrix. But the metal in my hand was real.

And it was proof that the harvest had already begun.


Author's Note to the Reader

My friends, thank you for walking this strange path with me. The universe is vast, and sometimes the most shocking journeys happen not in spaceships, but in the quiet corners of our own world. I pray the Fakir inspires me to uncover more of these hidden truths for you. God Bless, and may Love & Peace be your compass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: In the Secret Caves & Tunnels

Beyond The Search Engine: An Introduction

Chapter 10: The Infiltration of the Bloodline